Sunday, December 04, 2011

Class 6

Well yesterday was our last class of Assistive Technology and what an awesome course it has been. I have taken plenty of courses and this is definitely one of my favorites. I learned a great deal about assistive technology in the classroom and how I can benefit from using an iPhone too for personal reasons!!

During our class we spent the day sharing our case studies we have been working on. It was interesting to see the different assistive technology used with the students. I have always taught in the elementary grades so it was nice to see some case studies completed with junior high students. I enjoyed the case study that used Raz-Kids website. Its great that she was able to include the whole class using this piece of technology, therefore allowing all students to benefit but also focusing on one student who specifically needed extra support. The i devices were a popular choice of assistive technology and works well with a wide range of children. We seen toddlers as well as school-aged children using these devices who quickly catch on to the touch features.

The case study presentations provided us with an outlook to see how different assistive technology can be used with students. I know for myself the case studies and also the course have made me more aware of what is available in terms of assistive technology for students. Not always is the technology readily available but its worth asking about.

Here is a wordle I created about words that come to my mind when I think of Assistive Technology.

Wordle: Assistive Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment